AAG Annual Meeting
About this event
- Web site
- 24–28 Feb 2012
- New York, United States
- Contact address
- United States
Onsite check in, the exhibition hall, breakout sessions and plenary sessions and receptions will take place at the Hilton New York, while breakout sessions and many reception events will take place at the Sheraton New York Hotel and Towers. The two properties are located right across the street from one another.
The AAG Annual Meeting is an interdisciplinary forum open to anyone with an interest in geography and related disciplines. Presentations from scholars, researchers, professionals, and students are welcome.
During the meeting you will join fellow geographers, GIS specialists, and environmental scientists for the very latest in research and applications in geography, sustainability, and GIScience. Sessions are also being organized around special themes, like:
- Human Rights and Social Justice
- The Changing Roles of the University in Society
- Geography and the Humanities
- Asian Geographies and Collaborations in Research and Education
- Space-Time Integration in Geography and GIScience
The meeting program will also feature:
- The Latest Research - Presentations and posters by leading scholars and researchers from more than 60 countries
- Special Guest Speakers - TBA
- Exhibit Hall - Booths and exhibits showcasing recent publications and new geographic technologies
- Career and Networking Opportunities - A Jobs in Geography Center highlighting the latest employment opportunities for geographers and career development sessions
- Special Events - An international networking reception, World Geography Bowl, and Awards luncheon
- Field Trips - Explore the rich cultural and physical geography of New York and the greater north east.