4th International Disaster and Risk Conference IDRC Davos 2012
About this event
The Global Risk Forum GRF Davos organizes the fourth International Disaster and Risk Conference IDRC Davos in the beautiful mountain area and remold conference centre of Davos, Switzerland. Government officials, experts and practitioners, representatives from NGOs, the private sector, from scientific and academic institutions covering natural-, social-, medical-, legal-, and engineering- science as well as media and the public will discuss new findings and exchange experiences in the broad spectrum of risks societies’ facie today.
The unique IDRC Davos format includes plenary and parallel sessions, workshops and training courses, as well as poster exhibitions.
The IDRC Davos 2012 theme "Integrative Risk Management in a changing world - Pathways to a Resilient Society" will further establish and develop the approach of Integrative Risk Management within the following context:
- Tools and instruments in Disaster Risk Reduction DRR
- Climate Change Adaptation
- Environment and disaster risk
- Agricultural risks
- Mega disasters and cascading effects
- Urban risks
- Critical infrastructure and services
- Health impacts, medical response
- Economics of disaster, financial tools for risk management
- Future humanitarism